The Colorado Master Gardener Program
In 2015, thirty-four Colorado counties participated in the Colorado Master Gardener volunteer program. Learn more.
If you’re interested in the Colorado Master Gardener program, but don’t have the time available during the day to attend the classes or do the volunteering component, you may be interested in the online Certified Gardener program. Designed to be flexible and structured around your needs, the certified gardener training allows you to earn digital badges by taking individual courses, bundling courses, or completing the full program. Whether you’re a backyard gardener, interested in landscape pruning or home composting, or are a green industry professional, the CSU Extension Certified Gardener Program can be tailored to your goals.
Although it is based on the Colorado Master GardenerSM curriculum, Certified Gardener is different in a few key areas:
- Certified Gardener does not have a required volunteer component.
- Because the Certified Gardener program is completely online, you are not bound by seasonality. Courses are offered at various times throughout the year, and you can register and take only the ones you want when it fits your schedule.
- The Certified Gardener program offers badges in specific areas that may be taken individually or as a bundle. In contrast, the Colorado Master Gardener program covers all topic areas in a face-to-face format without the ability to register for only specific courses.
- Learn more about the Certified Gardener program here.
Emerald Ash Borer in Colorado
The following resources provide information on the identification and management of Emerald Ash Borer in Colorado:
- Colorado Department of Agriculture: Emerald Ash Borer
- Emerald Ash Borer Manual
- Emerald Ash Borer: Frequently Asked Question
- Control Options for Emerald Ash Borer in Colorado
- Procedures for Colorado Master Gardener Volunteers Dealing with Emerald Ash Borer Questions
CO-Hort is CSU Extension's gardening blog. It is designed for green industry personnel, Colorado Master Gardener volunteers, and the gardening public. Enjoy the timely information for CSU Horticultural Agents and Specialists. The URL is http://www.csuhort.blogspot.com/
Updated Monday, April 04, 2016 by Mary Small